Sunday 24 April 2011

Rise with Him his Easter.

Hello Everyone,

Those of you following my blog would have read my two Lenten reflections speaking of sin and how sometimes you forget the presence of Christ in your life. Those of you who have made Lenten sacrifices to experience the journey through the desert with Jesus over the last 40 days have now laid your burdens to rest in the tomb and have risen with Him today by indulging in whatever it is you have sacrificed. I gave up facebook for Lent, well most of Lent and I'm back today. But Easter Sunday must not just be the day to return to your 'normal' life after having been reflective and peaceful over the past 40 days. Easter Sunday should be a day of renewal, whatever it is that you have reflected on or the sins you have laid to rest this Lent should be nailed to that cross of Christ and not allowed to be part of your life again. In celebration of Christ's resurrection we should celebrate our own personal resurrection and joy in the fact that we can leave our burdens at the foot of the cross and that we can be joyous in the salvation that Jesus has obtained for us today.

So as for giving up facebook I have felt the tempations of wanting to "return to the world" as one of my friends put it but I have resisted and today I will try to use facebook sparingly and positively, to keep in touch with friends, family and to inspire and spark constructive conversation with my facebook updates rather than breakdown others or incite division. (fingers crossed because people out there sure do tempt me to say some stuff) Whatever it is your sacrifice was -partying, alcohol, meat - try to see how your sacrifice has changed you into a new resurrected being this Easter.

Happy Easter Friends !

God Bless

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Nicole. I wish I had some time myself to do some writing. I just did a commentary for DNO for Good Friday which I am gonna save this in my file for future reference. Again, keep the thought coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Nicole :)

    ~ A. Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Nic!! Keep on enlightening and inspiring! Shana

    ReplyDelete