Sunday 8 May 2011

My sweetness is not my weakness !

I get such comfort from writing. When something is on my mind it helps when I write it out. These days my writings of feelings are taking not a Dear Diary kind  of style as it used to but more of a Dear Jesus or Dear God format. One day try sitting in a Church or other holy place with a notebook and start of Dear God...

Once I visited the blessed sacrament very perturbed with the intention of relating my feelings of anguish to God. But something miraculously happened. I started my letter Dear God and not for the life of me could I remember what it is was that was bothering me so. It was amazing. Since then my memory of whatever it is I was going to write is quite distant and hard to remember so why even bother recalling it. My letter immediately took a different format where I thanked God for the things He has blessed me with and prayed for others.

In a few of my reflection I always tend to focus on sin, because face it, it is the inescapable  trap that can kill us if we don't avoid it or escape from it. But today at mass something hit me. I discovered one of Satan's dirty little tricks. You know he actually turns our talents or strengths that God has blessed us with into weaknesses and these many times cause us to sin.

If you have a very strong personality you may be a natural born leader, a manager and solid support system for those friends of yours who may not be so strong. But when you are in a bad mood do you snap at others and speak to them harshly and hurt them ?

You may be  a nice person, a people pleaser, often timid, a person who will forget yourself to do something nice for anyone really, who is quite forgiving and compromising just to avoid conflict and keep everyone happy which doesn't bother you much. But you may find yourself in a position where someone may ask you to do something that is wrong, you don't really want to do it but you don't want this person to be displeased and possibly not like you for actually saying no for once.

Or are you the loner who likes to quietly reflect and pray for others silently and when others offer you a friendly hand you act indifferent. Or you maybe the friendly kind who would do anything to be friends with any and anyone literally anything good or bad. Or are you a lover ? You wear your heart on your sleeve and give away so easily and often it comes back broken so you are scared to love again.

Don't allow Satan to turn your sweetness into weakness claim your strength, your niceness, your shyness, your friendliness and your ability to love freely. But pray for discernment to know when your natural instinct needs to be something a little different. Thank Jesus for your unique personality and ask Him to guide to the places where it is most needed in your life and ask him to not lead you into a trap that you cannot avoid because you react in a way that comes natural to you. Pray the Our Father and focus on the section that says lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

Dear God,

I thank you for my strength help me not to make it into my weakness.

Sincerely

Your daughter

Nicole

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment